Kodi 19.4 is now available for download via the latest public release, however this Kodi update is different.
You will not be able to download Kodi 19.4 from the Google Playstore – something we have never seen before! But do not worry, there is perfectly normal explanation, and is not related to streaming concerns.
In this post, we will cover why Kodi 19.4 will not be on the Google Playstore, also take a look at whats changed in the latest update, and then explain how to update to Kodi 19.4.
Kodi 19.4 will NOT be on Playstore
It is unusual for a Kodi update not to be available on the Google Playstore.
The reason why it will not be available via the popular Android app store is because of an API issue relating to minimum requirements.
Google requires apps to now target a different API level with the recent updates (API level 30). This means Android 11 is targeted at a minimum, however Kodi targets the API level 29 (which is Android 10).
This issue prevents Kodi 19.4 from being available to download on the Google Playstore.
Here is what Kodi had to say:
Please note that we are currently unable to provide this update via the Google Play Store. An updated Google requirement demands that apps now target API level 30 (Android 11) as a minimum, while Kodi targets API level 29 (Android 10).Kodi Dev Team
Before we show you how to update to Kodi 19.4, let’s cover the changes in the latest version.
What’s new in Kodi 19.4?
- Fix: Home screen context menu fix for when there are more than 10 items in menu.
- Fix: Seekbar wouldn’t disappear after 5 sec when using remote app e.g. Kore or JSON to pause Kodi.
- Fix: English keyboard missing semi-colon.
- Fix: Chinese keyboard character now displaying correctly.
- Fix: Artist discography export to NFO.
- New: Sort method for recordings based on season and episode.
- Fix: Crash when navigating an empty guide.
- Fix: Hiding/deleting channel group now working correctly.
- Fix: Any Favourites for a restricted/locked media source are now hidden.
- Fix: Blu-ray ISO title and watched status now displayed correctly.
- Fix: Wrong language identified from subtitle name corrected.
- Fix: EDL mute now working.
- Fix: ASS subtitles display now working correctly.
- Fix: Audio buffers adjusted.
- Fix: Various TrueHD stutter/dropout issues corrected.
- Fix: Automatic play of DVDs.
- Fix: Mouse cursor positioning in full-screen.
- Fix: Flickering with interlaced H.264 SD on AMD GPUs.
- Fix: Crash on unexpected network configuration (e.g. no MAC address obtained).
- New: Passthrough audio via WASAPI.
- Fix: Permission error preventing installation of Python add-ons.
Here is what the Kodi dev team had to say about the 19.4 release:
As this is a point release, there are no major changes since the previous version, and you should be fine to install this straight over the top of any existing Kodi 19.x installation – indeed, this will happen automatically on many platforms. However, as for all software installations, back up your userdata beforehand if you’ve any doubts or have anything you can’t afford to lose (and definitely do this if you’re going for a major version upgrade).
How to download Kodi 19.4
So, with the Google Playstore out of the question, let’s show you how you can download Kodi 19.4 and how to update Kodi to the latest version.
The easiest way to download the latest Kodi 19.4 is by using the download it direct from the Kodi website.
Do not worry, we have directly linked to the downloads for you and made it easier to update to kodi 19.4 on your streaming device.
Visit this page from your streaming device
In order to download and update Kodi 19.4, you will need to visit his page from your streaming device and use the download links below.
To visit this page from your device, please use the following;
Downloader code for Firestick : 508137
Short URL for Android TV box : https://aftv.news/508137
To download Kodi 19.4 use the download links below.
Now you can use the updated Kodi 19.4 version! I hope this post has helped!
Please follow our socials and help us spread the word!